Thursday, October 3, 2013

Darlington Nagbe article

Many of the students know I am a big Portland Timbers fan.

I am also a fan of "complete" athletes.  "Complete" athletes are players who excel in their physical skills, but always want to improve.  "Complete" athletes also excel with top-notch sportsmanship and effort.

After reading this article from The Oregonian, I believe the Timbers' Darlington Nagbe is a "complete" athlete.

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2013/10/nagbe_profile.html

Read it with your kids (sports fans and non-sports fans).  You don't have to be a soccer fan or sports fan to enjoy it.  Some great topics to discuss!


My favorite quote from the article...

"I'd take being a better person over a better player any day."  - Darlington Nagbe

No comments:

Post a Comment