|The proper grip and "stare down" ready stance done to perfection by this awesome 1st grader!|
Students practiced technique:
- "Horns" grip with the correct fingers in the holes.
- "Stare Down" ready stance
- Full "swing" back and forth
- A smooooooth like-an-airplane-landing "Spiderman" release toward the pins
- 4-step Approach starting with the foot on the same side you hold the ball
Students in grades 3-5 used self-evaluated their bowling technique using footage of them bowling (filmed by a partner). Students used iPads and the app Coach's Eye.
Students applied terms like Strike, Spare, Frame, Foul Line, Turkey, and Gutter.
Students learned how to calculate scores and kept score using an iPad with a free app called BowlingScore.
Thanks to Sunset Lanes in Beaverton for loaning us bowling equipment which enabled us to increase bowling opportunities in PE. Most lanes had only 2-3 students!
MANY STUDENTS SAID THEY ARE READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE BUMPERS!