At Sexton Mt, the purpose of Fitness Testing is NOT to grade a student on how many tests they pass. Instead, we "fitness test" so students can see how different areas of their body are doing at their age level.
As we all know, students at this age continue to grow non-stop and it is important to keep our bodies fit and healthy as we grow. Fitness Testing allows us to check in and see how we are doing.
We test the strength of our "Cardio" system, upper body, lower body, and core as well as the flexibility of our upper body, lower body, and core. Students compare their scores to passing scores for their age level and gender.
At the end of fitness testing, the students must evaluate their fitness scores and the different areas of their body answering these questions:
- Which areas of your body are strong for your age?
- Which areas of your body are flexible for your age?
- Which areas of your body need some work?
- What are you going to do with the info you just learned about your body?
- Do you have any goals? What are they?
Look for Fitness Scores to go home soon.